Effective Date: 29 August 2023
I. Website Owner, Content and Responsibility
This website is owned by FIMBA Switzerland (Association) and is dedicated to the organization and the promotion of the 17th FIMBA World Maxibasketball Championship (the “Event”) to be hosted in Ticino, Switzerland in 2025.
FIMBA Switzerland (Association) declines all responsibility regarding any damage that may intervene by using this website. You assume all responsibility of your use of the website.
A link to a third-party website implies no approval of its security or truthful content.
This website may contain spaces devoted to users’ interaction. FIMBA Switzerland (Association) holds no liability for any content uploaded on the website by a third-party.
II. Services and Goods Offers
Any services or goods offer that may be published on this website is not compelling. This website may at most contain invitations to submit an offer.
III. Intellectual Property Right
All rights reserved. The entire content of the website is protected by copyright and its reproduction or use is subject to FIMBA Switzerland (Association)’s prior permission. This includes the registered trademarks and copyrights of the teams, sponsors and other partners involved in the Event.
IV. Website Hosting
The website’s host is Infomaniak. In case of any technical concern, it can be contacted at www.infomaniak.com.
V. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- Information We Collect
We collect various types of personal information that you provide directly and/or automatically to us, including but not limited to:
- Contact Information: your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Registration information: information submitted through registration forms in particular for teams, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Log data: information about your visit to this website, such as your IP address, browser type, the pages you visited, and the time spent on those pages.
If we need to collect personal information from third-party sources (e.g. linking your account to a social network), we will ask you for your consent before doing so.
The controller of all the information collected through this website is IMBA Switzerland. To contact the controller, please use the information provided below.
- Use of Personal Information
We use the collected information for the following purposes:
- To process and manage registrations for teams, sponsors, and volunteers.
- To communicate with you regarding event updates, logistics, and other relevant information.
- To improve and customize the user experience on our website.
- To comply with legal obligations and protect our rights.
- To perform analytics research.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- With service providers and vendors who assist in Event management and communication, acting as analysts, consultants, hosts and auditors, among others.
- With our sponsors and partners, for the purpose of coordinating the event and delivering information.
- To comply with legal requirements or respond to lawful requests, as well as to prevent illegal activity and security issues.
These disclosures may be cross-border to the extent allowed by law.
- Data Retention
- Your Rights
You have the right to access, update, or delete your personal information, unless these rights are subject to a limitation, especially but not exclusively resulting from a formal law or overriding third-party interests. You can also object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the information provided below.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no data transmission over the internet or electronic storage can be guaranteed as completely secure.
- Contact Us